This product contains highly efficient competent cells prepared from E. coli JM109. They can be transformed by supercoiled plasmid DNA (pUC19) with a high efficiency (1 x 108 cfu/μg). This product is appropriate for plasmid amplification, transformation of ligated DNA and general cloning.
- Strain: JM109
- Genotype: F’ traD36 proA+ proB+ lacIq △(lacZ)M15 △(lac-proAB) supE44 hsdR17 recA1 gyrA96 thi-1 endA1 relA1 e14- λ-
- Amplification and purification of plasmid DNAs
- Construction of genomic DNA and cDNA libraries
- General cloning
- Transformation efficiency: ~1 x 108 cfu/μg of pUC19
- It is appropriate to use such antibiotics at their recommendable concentrations: ampicillin (50 μg/ml), kanamycin (25 μg/ml), and tetracycline (12.5 μg/ml)
- Higher antibiotic concentrations will cause decreased transfection efficiency while lower antibiotic concentrations will cause the increased number of satellite colonies.
- False-positive colonies can appear if cells are cultured at 37℃ for 18-24 hr.